Re: Proposal to use repo files in Anaconda environment

Hi James,

On Tue, 2019-09-17 at 09:57 -0400, James Cassell wrote:
> In general, I'd prefer to extend the ks repo command.
>
> My main concern is that the original-ks.cfg or anaconda-ks.cfg might
> no longer provide a complete description of how a particular system
> was installed, so it'd like that info exposed on the installed system
> somehow.

It's not really related. What we are talking here about is to add repo
files in the installation environment. The output kickstart file will
be the same as before. What will change is the environment used for the
installation.

> As for implementation, perhaps base64 zlib compressed. repo passed as
> a cmdline arg would be useful to avoid having to create updates.img.
> Could also be done as --repofilecontent for the repo command.

Personally, I'm not really sure what would be the benefit here. Also
you have a limitation on what you can pass in the kernel command line
so I guess having 3 repo files this way is a no-go.

> I think it's already possible to place a .repo file from ks %pre?

Yes it is. However, you have to do that manually and download gpg keys
and certificates somewhere (which is not secure in general).

Please if you have other reactions, could you please use the comment
section in the document? It would be great to have everything at one
place.

Best Regards,
Jirka