Re: Fedora 31 Beta Release Announcement

On Tue, 2019-09-17 at 21:27 +0000, John M. Harris, Jr. wrote:

> Also, what issues have you run into with x86 other than issues with
> the memory limit? Most of my systems do not have more than 4 GiB of
> memory to begin with. My laptop is, perhaps, the only exception among
> my personal hardware, and that's an X200T from 2009.

Can we please just not do this again?

There was really no point to re-litigating this argument in this
thread. You know Fedora 31 does not provide i686 repositories. We know
you don't like this. This has been discussed, endlessly. You are not
making any points you haven't made five times before. If someone didn't
change their mind after reading them the first five times, they are not
going to change their mind when reading them for a sixth time.

Sometimes people make decisions you disagree with. It happens. No-one
is telling you to throw your computers away. Fedora is telling you it
doesn't intend to continue providing software that can run on those
systems. This is a choice Fedora gets to make. There are *lots* of
computers out there which Fedora doesn't work on.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey