Re: Upcoming change for adopting orphaned packages and anitya integration

Il 13/09/19 12:32, Pierre-Yves Chibon ha scritto:
> ## Orphan packages
>
> Currently if a package is orphaned there is no way to adopt it easily on
> dist-git (https://src.fedoraproject.org). You need to open a ticket on the
> releng issue tracker and wait for someone to process that ticket.
>
> This is going to change, new versions of pagure-dist-git and pagure will offer a
> button on the left hand side menu offering to adopt orphaned packages.
>
> This is already live in staging, so you can see how it looks there, for example:
> https://src.stg.fedoraproject.org/rpms/aasaver (you'll need to be logged in)
>
> Note: if the package is retired, you will still have to go through a releng
> ticket as it will need to be unblocked in koji.

In my opinion, that button should better be showed on top of the page,
side by side with "fork", "clone", etc. and it should be more emphasized.

> ## Anitya integration
>
> Currently if you want to tweak the setting for the anitya integration, you need
> to open a pull-request on the fedora-scm-requests project at
> https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/
> That git repo is pretty big and once your pull-request is finally open, you
> still have to wait for someone to merge it.
>
> This is also going to change, new versions of pagure and pagure-dist-git offer a
> drop-down menu on the left hand side menu to see and adjust the monitoring
> status of the project.
>
> This is also live in staging and you can see an example of a project who has set
> its monitoring status to "monitoring":
> https://src.stg.fedoraproject.org/rpms/0ad
>
> (The status in staging have been imported from the fedora-scm-requests repo)

Can we have some feedback when we change the monitoring status? I mean,
something like a popup which says "successfully changed status", or a
green icon popping up... what feedback is there actually if something
goes wrong after a user selects the status from the list?

Nice work!
Mattia