Re: translucent gnome top bar gone in F31?

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:57:37 AM MST Przemek Klosowski via devel
wrote:
> On 9/11/19 2:18 AM, John M. Harris Jr. wrote:
> > Feel free to ignore any such wording that you disagree with. We don't need
> > to agree in order to discuss such things, and it's alright if we disagree
> > on wording. Literally every user I talk to has asked me either how to
> > disable the hot corner, or asked me to do it for them. I obviously did
> > not mean "everybody" literally, but it's even fine if you take it
> > literally, given the context.
>
> Please consider the possibility of a cognitive bias. Of course everyone
> you talk to? agrees with your preferences: after all, they just came to
> you for help. They know you are technically savvy and opinionated, so
> they seeked you, and so it's possible that all y'all gerrymandered
> yourselves into thinking that 'literally every user' shares your belief,
> even though it's statistically rather improbable.
>
> This is a know phenomenon in social sciences: see a good writeup here
> https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02562-z
>
> By the way, speaking for myself, I decided to stop using the term
> 'literally', because I don't want to be AWFUL (American Who Figuratively
> Use Literally :).

See the last sentence :)

 > I obviously did not mean "everybody" literally, but it's even fine if you
 > take it literally, given the context.

The part making that a true statment being "given the context".

Additionally, I don't tend to use the word "literally" unless it actually
applies. I agree, except for "American" being part of that.

- -
John Harris