powertop vs upower, troubleshooting battery remaining

This is an hp spectre running Fedora 30 Workstation. On Fedora 29,
there was fairly close agreement between powertop and upower and the
time estimates were sane.

Something's wonky on Fedora 30 and I'm not sure where to begin
troubleshooting, although I posted a message on the upstream powertop
list.

This is what I'm seeing.
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/3M7euUWnqZG07KKJQpRQ-w/raw

powertop says 108 hours remaining, upower first says 6.8 hours
remaining which is much more plausible, but then merely 4 minutes
later battery has gone from 93% to 77%, and to a 22 minute remaining
estimate. Really? One says the battery reports 268mW of discharge, the
other reports 61W discharge. Neither of those is possible.

--
Chris Murphy