HyperKitty as a Discourse Replacement - Why still no RSS Support

People keep mentioning HyperKitty as an alternative to Discourse.  While I believe Discourse has more functionality, one thing that would make HyperKitty a somewhat acceptable alternative would be the addition of RSS support.  So I started to investigate and found that several tickets were opened 3 years ago.  As mentioned in the tickets many folks found that this would be useful and it still isn't implemented.  In fact, the idea of mailman supporting RSS has been talked about years before that.

Seems to me that if folks are so dead set on using mailman and hyperkitty we could at a minimum get someone to prioritize getting RSS support added so people who didn't want their mailbox flooded from mailing lists could use a combination of RSS and Hyperkitty.

And yes, Discourse has RSS support.