Re: What projects can we highlight for Hacktoberfest?

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 10:46 PM Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We're just over a month away from Hacktoberfest[1], a month-long event
> where people can earn a t-shirt by contributing to open source
> projects (or at least ones hosted on GitHub). It occurs to me that we
> could have a post on the Community Blog (or maybe Fedora Magazine)
> that directs folks toward Fedora or Fedora-adjacent projects on
> GitHub. This is a good opportunity to get meaningful drive-by
> contributions and perhaps add a few consistent contributors.
>
> So if you were going to point the Fedora community at a GitHub-hosted
> project, what would you choose?

Well, I think the obvious choice would probably be a subset of
projects from https://github.com/fedora-infra - something like bodhi,
python-fedora, fas, and fedora-packages.
I don't know how approachable those projects are for newcomers, but
since they're written in python, it can't be too bad, and there are
some issues marked as "EasyFix" as well.

(Im also working on rust bindings for bodhi and koji at
https://github.com/ironthree, which could also use some help.
</shameless-plug>)

Fabio