[Help needed] Packaging sassc ruby gem for jekyll 4.0.0

Hi everybody,

With the recent, major new release of Jekyll (4.0.0) and its SASS
converter (2.0.0), it migrated from the deprecated, plain ruby "sass"
gem to "sassc", which is a wrapper around the libsass C++ library.
I've never had to deal with this scenario for my other ruby packages,
and I just can't get it to work, even when using the bundled version
of libsass (which, by the way, is newer than what's available in
fedora ...).

Can anybody give me some pointers how to properly do this? The
packaging guidelines for this scenario are kind of vague, and I just
can't get my .spec file to do "the right thing" (TM) here.

A WIP .spec file (generated with gem2rpm, and with fixes for the
issues I know how to solve already applied on top) is here:
https://github.com/decathorpe/rpmbuild-staging/blob/master/SPECS/rubygem-sassc.spec

Thanks,
Fabio