Re: Disappearing mouse pointer

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 2:07 PM Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 2:08 PM Antonio M <antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > confirmed that running on 5.1.20-300 this issue is not present
>
> Same here.  It does seem to be the 5.2 kernel that triggered this
> behavior.  I also managed to reproduce it once today without
> virt-manager running, so maybe VMs have nothing to do with it.
> Interacting with them seems to be the easiest way to trigger the
> behavior, though.

I also experienced it today, no VM's running, no virt-manager running.
Just gnome-shell. I briefly had it consistently disappearing upon
pressing the super key (show activities), and then it would reappear
upon pressing super again (hide activities). And then I went to a
different computer with ssh into the one experiencing the problem, to
look at logs, but there were no messages at all in the journal for
this time frame (no kernel or shell message or anything at all). And
then just as inexplicably, the problem stopped, mouse pointer was
visible with activities showing and hidden.

--
Chris Murphy