Re: Join the new Minimization Team

IG> We can actually get rid out of this using `libcurl-minimal`, but it
IG> is not easy to teach DNF to replace libcurl-minimal with libcurl
IG> without explicit --allowerasing on the command line.

That does prompt the question as to whether dnf itself is required for
"minimal" functionality.  If I'm composing my own container image I
might not really need dnf (or even rpm, really).  Instead of updating
I'd just compose a fresh image.

The question of whether tar is required should be easier.  And of the
3MB of installed size of the tar package, not even 500k is the tar
binary; the rest is localizations and docs.  So the question really does
come down to just how small of an image is actually desired, and how
much packaging work is needed to get there.

Which prompts another question: Are the packages in these images
installed without docs?

IG> It seems that it used to be Requires(triggerun), then for some
IG> reason it was moved into Requires. I don't see any reason why it
IG> would be needed for krb5-libs from the first try.

Here's the scriptlet:

%triggerun libs -- krb5-libs < 1.15.1-5
if ! grep -q 'includedir /etc/krb5.conf.d' /etc/krb5.conf ; then
    sed -i '1i # To opt out of the system crypto-policies configuration of krb5, remove the\n# symlink at /etc/krb5.conf.d/crypto-policies which will not be recreated.\nincludedir /etc/krb5.conf.d/\n' /etc/krb5.conf
fi
exit 0

So... there's not actually a call to awk.  And the last version of
Fedora to have anything older than 1.15.1 was F28.  We don't supports
updates from F28 to F31 (and certainly not updates from F28 when it was
rawhide), so the scriptlet is no longer necessary at all.  It has come
and gone a few times throughout history but the dependency has remained.

 - J<