Re: Orphaning/retiring 3 Java packages

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 8:04 PM Peter Boy <pboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry for jumping in. I think this might be an opportunity to participate in the Fedora Projekt. I’ve a lot of experience in java development and in creating application rpms, but none in the specialties of Fedora packaging. Would you accept me as co-maintainer and provide some guidance at the beginning?

I suppose you're not a packager yet. Regarding guidance, you can start
with reading Java Packaging HOWTO [1] and Fedora packaging
documentation on the wiki. If you have any questions then feel free to
contact Java SIG [2] members through IRC or our mailing list. You
don't need to be co-maintainer to contribute to Fedora packages - you
can attach patches to bugs (either existing ones, or newly opened by
you). Some maintainers also accept pull requests. Once you prove
yourself you may be sponsored as packager and added as co-maintainer.

[1] https://fedora-java.github.io/howto
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Java

--
Mikolaj Izdebski