Re: python2->python3 mass rebuild and auto tools

On 01. 08. 19 0:03, Steve Grubb wrote:
Hello,

Hi Steve.

I have a package that fails to build because libraries aren't where they are
suposed to be. I looked at the project page

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python_means_Python3

and there is no mention of the effect on autotools.

Sorry a about not mentioning autotools specifically.

I have pyexec_PYTHON. What is supposed to be there? And since this is an
upstream package consumed by all distributions and old versions of Fedora/
RHEL,  what is the portable thing to do?

There's other things out there like pybind_dir which are probably messed up,
too.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about autoools, but I suspect that the same mechanics that were needed for Python 3 to work are now needed for Python 2.

What package exactly is failing? Is it audit? I'll have a look.

Should they be hardcoded to mean python2 in autotools and swig?

No. That was kinda the point of this change: "python" means Python 3.

Python 2 is deprecated and will be retired.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RetirePython2

--
Miro Hrončok