Re: "javaewah" (was Re: Over 500 orphaned packages seeking new maintainers)

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 10:47 PM Dave Dykstra <dwd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.  I see that one of my packages
> (singularity) has BuildRequires git.  However, installing git on fc31
> does not install jgit.  Maybe jgit is a BuildRequires of git, but it's
> not clear to me that it makes sense to follow those through, since in
> order to build my package I don't need to build git, I just need to
> install it.

Yes, that's exactly right.

git did BuildRequire jgit for some parts of the test suite, but that
dependency has been temporarily disabled to help clean up the orphaned
packages report.
So, as soon as the orphaned packages report is updated to reflect
that, you should no longer be listed as affected - at least not
affected by jgit.

Fabio