Re: libgps soname bump (gpsd-3.19)

Am Dienstag, den 02.07.2019, 16:09 +0200 schrieb Miroslav Lichvar:
> A new version of gpsd was released. It breaks the ABI and API of
> libgps again. If there are no objections, I'll build the package in
> the next few days.
>
> The incompatibilities are minor (reordered struct, removed redundant
> field) and I don't expect it to affect most of the client
> applications. Patching should be straightforward in any case. Please
> let me know if there are any issues.
>
> The following packages will need a rebuild:
>
> collectd-5.8.1-6.fc31
> direwolf-1.5-1.fc30
> foxtrotgps-1.2.1-6.fc31
> gpsdrive-2.11-51.fc31
> marble-19.04.2-1.fc31
> plasma-workspace-5.16.2-1.fc31
> qlandkartegt-1.8.1-19.fc30
> vfrnav-20190212-1.fc30
> viking-1.7-2.fc30

Hello Miroslav,

sounds good, but with a small suggestion:

To coordinate the rebuild of all consumers, you should ask a
provenpackager for a helping hand.

If you don't know any, I'd volunteer.  Preferrably we can do those
builds on Friday or over the weekend.  Feel free to contact me about
coordinating.

Can you please do test builds in a COPR, also?

Cheers,
Björn