Re: always update the bootloader during major upgrades

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 14:19:26 -0600,
 Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Short version: Fedora should take responsibility for the bootloader
being up to date, by updating it during major version upgrades. This
is already the case on UEFI with conventional installations. I'd like
to make sure it always happens on major version upgrades for BIOS
installations. What's the problem? This would step on any custom
bootloader configuration a user has for multiboot. There is no
reasonable mechanism on BIOS systems to determine if the bootloader is
a Fedora bootloader, and somehow only update a Fedora bootloader and
not touch any other bootloader.

How do you envision this working for rawhide?
I had a problem where grub1 configs were no longer updated with kernel updates, where I finally needed to upgrade to grub2.