Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal: Python means Python3

On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 19.07.27 WEST Adam Williamson wrote:
> Oh, man. I thought we'd decided against this in the past? I'm worried
> about the cost/benefit ratio on such a change.

If this were only related with python I would agree with you.

Yet this also applies to lots of other tools like ipython and probably it
could be excluded from this but programs (a development IDE in this case) like
spyder also have the ***** suffix (I am not used to curse but I think that I
could use an exception for this).

It is really, really, annoying to have to type/remember an extra suffix when
there are no other options available.

So even although you have a point all those cases, to me, look a lot like the
paper cuts they are very but they really hurt. :-)

Regards,
--
José Abílio