Re: Reporting is disabled because the generated backtrace has low informational value

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 6:50 AM, mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
That's not right. The backtrace was processed on the retrace server, so installing debuginfo locally should not be required.

I think it's a longstanding ABRT bug.

Michael

Oh, I forgot what I was actually planning to write about when I decided to send a mail. ABRT doesn't support reporting crashes from flatpak apps. It's a feature we requested a while ago [1]. In the meantime, if a flatpak app crashes, you'll have to generate a backtrace manually using the flatpak-coredumpctl command:

$ flatpak-coredumpctl org.gnome.Epiphany.Devel//master

So that's easy, but the backtrace will be useless unless you have debug symbols installed for both the runtime and the application. I can never remember how to do that and there doesn't exist documentation anywhere that I can see. ABRT will need to learn how to do all of this.

None of this is relevant to Chris's crash, because he's not reporting that a flatpak application is crashing. He's reporting that flatpak itself is crashing. ABRT should already be able to handle this like it does any other bug, and it's surely an ABRT bug for it to have failed here.

[1] https://github.com/abrt/abrt/issues/1196