Re: How to consume fedora-messaging?

Hi Adam, or anyone,

On Monday, June 10, 2019 6:06:42 PM CEST Adam Williamson wrote:
> If you're writing an AMQP consumer in Python, what you'll ultimately
> get for your consumer to process is a `message` object which is an
> instance of a fedora_messaging.api.Message() (or a subclass of it - a
> message schema class).

I fail to see an example of this, I mean ...  [1] says

    Message bodies are JSON objects, that adhere to a schema. Message schemas
    live in their own Python package, so they can be installed on the producer
    and on the consumer.

do we have any such package so I (as a consumer) can install the package
with schema class, and use it to parse the message body?  I have seen
the example of producing the message using the schema [2], but not
consuming - only the toy example which is not really using the schema
class.

> This will have a `body` attribute which should be a dict of the message
> 'body' - the main meat of the message.

... I can use the "meat" to instantiate the message object manually, by
Message(body=body) perhaps, but I still have to first check the topic,
etc, I hoped there's something like:

  from MYAPP import MessageConsumer
  from fedora_messaging.api import consume

  class Consumer(MessageConsumer):
      def consume(self, message):
          """ message _is_ instance of the schema class """
          message.do_some_stuff()
          if message.some_property:
              do_something()

  consume(Consumer)

Well, if not that far -- I'd at least like to see something like
`python3-foo-fedora-messaging` package which I could install and give it a
try (this sounds like it is common pattern from the docs).  I'd like to design
the copr.git/fedora-messaging directory according to that.

[1] https://fedora-messaging.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/schemas.html
[2] https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedora-messaging/blob/master/docs/tutorial/schemas.rst#using-it
[3] https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedora-messaging/blob/master/docs/tutorial/usage.rst#python-script

Pavel