Re: rawhide status - 2019-06-19

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:44:41 -0700,
 Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The last rawhide compose that completed was 2019-06-09 (10 days ago now).

A lot of the incomplete composes are actually usable for updates and I have been getting systems updated and things have worked reasonably for the most part.

If we had enough resources, it would be nice if the part of the compose needed for installs was treated differently from the part that people could use to get updates. (For example kernel-5.2.0-0.rc5.git1.1.fc31 fixes a remote DOS bug and people won't get it by default until there is a successful compose. Though it also seems to have problems on some hardware.) The naive way to do this is to have two seperate repos with hard linked rpms.
Hopefully as time goes on, there will be fewer multi-day compose failures.