Re: F31 Self-Contained Change proposal: Custom Crypto Policies

Dne 18. 06. 19 v 21:50 Ben Cotton napsal(a):
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CustomCryptoPolicies
>
> == Summary ==
> This new feature of crypto-policies allows system administrators and
> third party providers to modify and adjust the existing system-wide
> crypto policies to enable or disable algorithms and protocols.
>
> == Owner ==
> * Name: [[User:Tmraz | Tomáš Mráz]]
> * Email: tmraz@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> == Detailed Description ==
>
> The crypto-policies package will be enhanced to allow system
> administrators to modify the existing system-wide crypto policy levels
> by removing or adding enabled algorithms and protocols. For example it
> will be possible to easily modify the existing DEFAULT

I just wonder what is the strategy here? Does it means that the
"DEFAULT" definition will be store permanently somewhere in /usr/ and
I'll be able to copy the DEFAULT into /etc and modify it according to my
needs?

I am just asking, because AFAIK, currently the crypto policies
configuration is stored just in /etc and modifying the "DEFAULT" profile
would make the updates problematic, requiring someone to file with
.rpmnew files etc. That would be unfortunate.

Vít