Re: glibc-arm-linux-gnu help

Le mer. 12 juin 2019 à 10:50, Elliott Sales de Andrade
<quantum.analyst@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 at 16:46, Tom Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Reviving this. I do not have the time nor the energy to attempt to keep this going, so I am going to disable the shared bits in cross-gcc and kill off glibc-arm-linux-gnu. It's been broken for a while, so I doubt anyone will be seriously impacted by this.
>
> Ah that's unfortunate. I've been working on something that could
> possibly make use of this, but I haven't quite reached the stage of
> testing this out with it, and since it wasn't in Rawhide, I hadn't
> taken much look into it.
>
> I see that Debian has pretty much every cross version of libc6:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libc6&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
>
> What makes it so easy for them? / What makes it difficult for us? How
> can we make cross toolchains easier?

Probably time/human ressources.
I would be interested in having a working cross compilation toolchain
also (specially for case where 32bit linking is an issue like chromium
or else).
I have tried to work on some patches (including kernel-headers), but
not had time to fully qualify the changes.

FYI, I've tried to contact the maintainer of the copr repo pointed by
Tom, so far no answer.
Looking at some of his copr contributions, he haven't found the right
step to contribute to fedora main repository yet (also others topics).
This is unfortunate and I fear this situation is going to increase
with users kept in their copr projects...

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)