Re: Procedure to get keytable included in official console and X and wayland keytables.

Hi Stan,

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 3:53 AM stan via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know how I would go about getting my keytable, which I
> call uneaf after the left home row, included? Is there an official
> procedure, or is it just a submission with a request to a programmer
> somewhere.

Over the years I have resorted to different hacks to have my extra
mouse and keyboard keys mapped to either other keys or key
combinations, especially on laptops. With the changes on the stack,
I've had to abandon most of them and for the last few releases, I've
been using evdevremapkeys[0] and its fork[1], their main difference
being N:N key mappings. It loads a yaml file with your mappings and
remaps input events on the fly. I haven't been able to run it as a
daemon, so I just launch a terminal at the beginning of my session and
run it from there. It would be great if our DEs had a gui tool that
allowed the same functionality, but for now this is adequate.

0. https://github.com/philipl/evdevremapkeys
1. https://github.com/pronobis/evdevremapkeys