what to do when original upstream recover from death?

Hi guys,
I have one curious question about the current situation around git-remote-hg.
To put you into the context, the solution was originally part of the git
upstream itself and several years ago has been split into the own upstream [0].

After a time, the upstream[0] did last commit in Sep27 2016 and since the date
Jan 24 2018 the account has been no active till this april. After a long time
has been started discussion about change to new upstream [1] which was active
and responding. Nowadays, this "new upstream" provides the git-remote-hg in pypi
and it is marked by Github as "source-repo" - the original one [0] is marked as
clone nowadays by Github.

I decided to switched into the upstream [1] on Aug 20 2018 from that point as
did several other projects. But several days ago the original upstream has
started to be active again. I guess that guys will make an agreement to setup
the original upstream back to [0], but currently it looks that original
upstream[0] do not care about the releases of new upstream that has been done
meanwhile and probably will continue with own versioning. I am trying
to discuss that to not have mix of same versions for different code. Not sure
whether I will be successful from that point.

I expect that we will have to move back to the original upstream[0] anyway in
Fedora, and in such case probably I will have to raise epoch in case of
discontinuation in current versioning.

My question is, do you have any related experience to the topic? I already
had some exprience with death upstreams, but this is really new to me.
As well, I am curious whether I did mistake when I switched to the
upstream[1] regarding the situation there was about the project.

Thanks for sharing your ideas,

[0] https://github.com/felipec/git-remote-hg
[1] https://github.com/mnauw/git-remote-hg

--