Re: Weak RPM dependencies which are not automatically re-installed on update

* Adam Williamson:

> As a side note, if your goal is "to maintain a minimal system
> installation", perhaps what you might want is to be able to configure
> dnf to simply *never* install weak (Recommends) or very weak (Suggests)
> dependencies. IIRC, this is configurable on SUSE - you can set this as
> permanent package manager configuration. I'm not sure if it is in DNF,
> but if not, perhaps it could be?

My experience with Debian is that their --no-install-recommends feature
is pretty aggressive, so you often end up manually chasing dependencies
to get the required feature set if you disable the default of installing
weak dependencies.  So it's usually more convenient to install them
automatically, and the remove select parts you don't want.  YMMV, of
course.

Thanks,
Florian