Re: Gating tests from tarball in Fedora - how to set up them?

On Fri, 2019-05-31 at 13:20 +0200, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

> --------------------------
> > File gating.yml:
> > --- !Policy
> > product_versions:
> >   - fedora-*
> > decision_context: bodhi_update_push_testing # was osci_compose_gate
> > rules:
> >   - !PassingTestCaseRule {test_case_name: osci.brew-build.tier0.functional}
> >
> > I tried to replace the osci.brew-build.tier0.functional with some
> > build.foo cases, but it didn't change anything.
>
> I'd like to know how to enable gating in Fedora as well.
>
> So far I've only seen example in
>
> 	https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/gating/
>
> which says
>
> 	--- !Policy
> 	product_versions:
> 	  - fedora-*
> 	decision_context: bodhi_update_push_testing
> 	rules:
> 	  - !PassingTestCaseRule {test_case_name: dist.depcheck}
>
> but that test_case_name: dist.depcheck seems suspicious, it looks more
> like a dependency check than gating based on the tests/tests.yaml
> results.
>
> I've found
>
> 	https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-ansi2html/blob/master/f/gating.yaml
>
> which says
>
> 	  - !PassingTestCaseRule {test_case_name: org.centos.prod.ci.pipeline.allpackages-build.package.test.functional.complete}
>
> which sounds more related to the test result hostname
>
> 	jenkins-continuous-infra.apps.ci.centos.org
>
> -- but that
> org.centos.prod.ci.pipeline.allpackages-build.package.test.functional.complete
> does not seem to be documented anywhere, just used in a few
> dist-git repositories.
>
> Any hints about some better documentation about configuring gating for
> Fedora would be appreciated.

The 'test case names' here are the names as they appear in resultsdb.
Both of those exist, though dist.depcheck hasn't actually been used
since July 2017, so we should probably replace that name as an example:

https://taskotron.fedoraproject.org/resultsdb/results?&testcases=dist.depcheck&since=2017-01-02T00:00:00,2019-05-31T23:59:59
https://taskotron.fedoraproject.org/resultsdb/results?&testcases=org.centos.prod.ci.pipeline.allpackages-build.package.test.functional.complete&since=2019-02-01T00:00:00,2019-05-31T23:59:59

I am not 100% sure what resultsdb test name the results of a per-
package test like this would show up under, but as these tests are run
in the CI pipeline it probably actually *is*
org.centos.prod.ci.pipeline.allpackages-
build.package.test.functional.complete , which would be why that
existing package uses it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey