Re: sign_and_send_pubkey: signing failed: agent refused operation

On 5/15/19 3:09 PM, Steve Dickson wrote:
Hello,

I'm getting the following error when I'm access the fedora git trees.

sign_and_send_pubkey: signing failed: agent refused operation
steved@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

Now I know I have the correct publickey (id_rsa/id_rsa.pub)
because they work on a different host. and generally
when I have the wrong keys, I get the above error minus

sign_and_send_pubkey: signing failed: agent refused operation

Any idea what is happening?

FWIW - I get the agent message when I had previously added a PKCS#11 key to my agent, but then remove the device. It may or may not have anything to do with the underlying issue. Sometimes remotes refuse authentication after multiple failures with other ssh keys stored in your agent. You may want to enable LogLevel DEBUG in your ~/.ssh/config file for pkgs.fedoraproject.org to see what's going on. If multiple keys is the issue, specifying the key to use in your ~/.ssh/config file for that host helps.

--
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637