Re: I plan to remove python2-pep8

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 14:43:39 +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> If the upstream maintainer as no interest in Python 3 support, I guess we have
> no interest in cachedir.

That's my thought as well.

> Disclaimer: I don't know or use cachedir. However from the first glance, it
> looks like something that could be reimplemented in a Bash one-liner.
> Could you please elaborate on its importance to Fedora? Because I don't really
> see it. I might be missing something.

I use it for tagging and untagging cache directories for by backup tool
of choice (restic) to avoid backing up things like my browser cache or
other things that don't "matter".

It could probably be replaced with a short script or other small tool.
But maintaining Bash code is worse than maintaining Python2 code IMO, so
maybe I'll find some time to rewrite it in Python3 using something like
click to avoid having to port cliapp and cmdtest as well.

--Ben