OpenVPN 3 Linux client - v5 beta release

Hi,

Just a shameless update again from the OpenVPN 3 Linux project.

We published the v5 beta release earlier yesterday (Monday).  This release is
taking a good step forward in regards to reach a release candidate quality level.

There are several changes since the last announcement we did in end of January
with the v3 beta release.  But most importantly, OpenVPN 3 Linux is now built
against OpenSSL by default.  Currently only OpenSSL 1.0 is supported (so we
depend on compat-openssl10 for now), but there are work in the pipes to enable
OpenSSL 1.1.1 as well.

For more details, please see our release announcements to the OpenVPN community:
<https://www.mail-archive.com/openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg04738.html>
<https://www.mail-archive.com/openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg04818.html>

We are trying to get a new release out approx. once per month.

Quick start
===========

- Install openvpn3-client according to the Fedora Copr page:
  <https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dsommers/openvpn3/>

- To start a VPN tunnel, run this command:

  $ openvpn2 --config my-config.conf --verb 6

  If this configuration contains the --daemon option, you will need to manage
  this session via the 'openvpn3' command line utility:

  It is also possible to do it like this:

  $ openvpn3 session-start --config my-config.conf

  In this case, the VPN session must be managed by 'openvpn3' commands.

- Managing VPN sessions:

  $ openvpn3 sessions-list
  $ openvpn3 session-stats --config my-config.conf
  $ openvpn3 session-manage --config my-config.conf \
                            {--pause,--resume,--disconnect}
  $ openvpn3 log --config my-config.conf --verb 6
    (this will only provide a real-time view of log events, not a "historical"
     view)

Please see the man page for 'openvpn3', 'openvpn2' and 'openvpn3-linux' for
more details.

This project is now ready to get better integration within desktop
environments (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, etc), NetworkManager, Cockpit Project, etc.
This shouldn't be too daunting, as you can get a long way by using all the
various D-Bus interfaces being exposed by the OpenVPN 3 Linux services.
Please get in touch if you want to get involved and I can ensure you get
started in the right direction instantly.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Inc