Re: vanishing abrt logs

I agree, but the file /proc/meminfo is not present, right?
And yes, the abrt thing just reads the data from journal and
stores them on filesystem to be able to upload them to Bugzilla.

Regarding the missing logs, the journal log lines should
be extracted by this thing:
https://github.com/abrt/abrt/blob/master/src/plugins/ccpp_event.conf#L25
which is a little bit complex, so no wonder if it is broken
(I am just not sure why the abrt test suite is not failing though).

Regarding the core files, I was under the impression that
the core files can be attached only if the reporter wants to attach it.
IOW the core files were never attached automatically (due to security issues).

If you need some information that is relevant only to your packages,
we can work together to create a new abrt configuration which will
gather that information for your packages
(for example, dnf ships its own abrt configuration).

Regards,
Jakub

---------- Původní e-mail ----------

On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 01:27:10PM +0200, jfilak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Zbyszek,
>

> If you want more files attached to ABRT Bugzilla reports, please add them to
> systemd-coredump first :)
>
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/coredump/coredump.c#L1074
> (https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/src/coredump/coredump.c#L1074)

In a sense, they already *are* attached to systemd-coredump. coredumpctl is
basically just a journal query, and all the information I asked for is also
present in the journal. abrt already extract *some* logs from the journal,
so it's a question of adjusting the filters.

The other thing which is missing from abrt reports is the corefile. In the
past we used to have that attached. It would be great to have it again.
(For example in case of memory structure errors, the backtrace itself is
not particularly useful, but a lot could be diagnosed by examining the structures
in memory. But I can't look at all reports quickly, and when I ask
reporters if they have the core file, after a month or two the answer is
usually "not anymore".).

I *am* trying to solve the abrt reports that are files for my packages, but
it's getting harder to do.

Zbyszek