Re: Modularity UX Questions

Dne 01. 04. 19 v 18:57 Stephen Gallagher napsal(a):
> === A module has a profile that contains zero RPMs ===
>
> In this case, a profile definition has been made in the module
> metadata and it explicitly contains zero RPMs within it. Such an
> example might be for compatibility: the module previously provided a
> profile with that name that contained content, but it is no longer
> doing so. Retaining the name may have been done to allow existing
> scripts to avoid breaking. If we have a profile that contains zero
> packages, should it be an error if we attempt to install it? If not,
> what should the UX look like?

I can have empty "default" profile - for compatibility reasons

* some application need to dnf module enable *and* dnf module install (with default profile) - yet I do not want
actually anything to be installed, I just want to have packages available.
* I have e.g. server/workstation profile - there is no real default, but some application requires default, so I can
create empty default.

Miroslav