Re: Fork a 119MB pagure project to updating monitoring?

JC> The effort would be a 1-2 line change in the-new-hotness, and
JC> distributing the config to each package repository (some proven
JC> packager could do this easily).

Well that seems easy enough.  We still need the repo for the bugzilla
assignee override thing, but that's fine.  One thing at a time.

I can certainly drop commits into the repositories if that's what's
needed.  We would need to define the name and contents of the file, and
the default state for when the file is not present (to perhaps avoid
touching every repository).

It might also be nice to know what on earth monitoring means for a
module or a container, since the fedora-scm-requests has data for them
but I don't understand what point it has.

We would also need to change the admin tool which is generating these
files.  I think it would speed up its operation a good bit to not have
to mess with this ever-growing repository, so that is a positive.
(Especially since the tool does no local caching and so does a full
clone each time it processes an SCM request).  And fedpkg request-repo
would need to drop the --monitor option as it would have no effect.

So I guess it's more than just a couple of lines that need to change,
but everything outside of the initial new-hotness change and the
monitoring file commits could come later.

 - J<