/dev/net/tun no longer exists in F31 rawhide ?

Historically in Fedora the /dev/net/tun device always existed, even if
there is no 'tun' module currently loaded. Opening it then cause the
'tun' kernel module to autoload IIUC.

In Fedora 31 rawhide this is no longer the case. The /dev/net/tun device
node doesn't exist at all in a fresh install.

Libvirt has always assumed the historical behaviour so currently it fails
to setup networking due to /dev/net/tun no longer existing.

I expect other applications which deal with tun devices will be similarly
affected.

I'm wondering if anyone can explain whether this is an intentional change
in setup of /dev/ in Fedora 31 rawhide, or whether it is a bug that needs
to be fixed ?  I'm struggling to figure out what changed - presumably
something related to udev but the rules wrt /dev/net/tun appear the same
in F30 and F31.

Regards,
Daniel