Re: /etc/yum.repos.d -> /etc/distro.repos.d

On 3/13/19 8:41 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:
That said, I think if we want to move the repo files now, we should
also consider making so package installed repo and GPG files are in
/usr/share and that admin additions/overrides can be stored in /etc.
Same goes for vars and other such stuff.

That's more or less the mechanism we've adopted for tons of other
things, and it'd be nice to have it in DNF too...

Yes!  This.

I would also suggest that the canonical location be defined in another file whose name is as immutable as possible.  If there were a central file that held such important locations and all tools consulted that first, these kind of changes would be far less painful.  I'm thinking along the lines of the blessed sanity that /etc/os-release brings.  Obviously it'll take a long time for it to have the far reaching benefits it could provide, but if we never start down that path...