Re: Building modules take forever

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 06:24, Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm building modules with Rust apps (because this is only way to get them in f28/f29/f30) and I noticed that building them takes ages (more specifically, more than 12 hours(!)). I can build all those packages on my laptop under 1 hour. Even composes take less time.
>
> It seems that MBS has limit of 20 builds in parallel. Is there any reason for it? Why can't we just build all packages in parallel?

The thought at the time was that for some platforms there are only 20
builders... so you are going to see slowdowns as those chokehold your
builds. You also have to deal with everyone else who is wanting to
build.. so a low number was set. I believe that a higher number is
being looked at but I am not sure you are going to see a large
improvement except for x86_64/i386.

Stephen J Smoogen.