Re: Chromium C++ help needed

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:49:35PM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
> The odd thing is that this compiler flag is hardcoded into the build by the
> upstream. I'm wondering why Fedora hits this when no one else seems to.
>
> I mean, I'm fine to disable it, because the Chromium codebase is a tomb of
> horrors anyway, and if I have to sacrifice that flag to make it happy, so
> be it.

Most likely the flag has been added to workaround other bugs in the
codebase, but maybe those were already fixed and flag forgotten.
The flag can be used to workaround bugs like calling memcpy/memset etc.
with NULL argument (when the size is 0), or calling methods on NULL pointers
to objects etc.

	Jakub