Re: Updating Rawhide vs GPG keys

On 3/11/19 7:31 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can somebody please enlighten me, how to update Rawhide after branching
> and not using --nogpgcheck?
>
> It seems that Rawhide keys were added in fedora-repos-30-0.4. So this is
> the package which is still "rawhide" package and has "f31" keys. But
> this package was not probably signed, because this directory is empty:
>
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/fedora-repos/30/0.4/data/signed/
>
> Installing anything from Rawhide fails, because of missing GPG keys.
>
> So is there a way to get the GPG keys via DNF? Would it be possible to
> sign fedora-repos and fedora-release packages by older key to allow
> smooth updates?

I was able to update by first manually updating the keys via:

cd /var/cache/dnf/rawhide-2d95c80a1fa0a67d/packages
rpm -Uvh \
fedora-gpg-keys-31-0.1.noarch.rpm \
fedora-release-31-0.1.noarch.rpm \
fedora-release-common-31-0.1.noarch.rpm \
fedora-repos-31-0.1.noarch.rpm \
fedora-repos-rawhide-31-0.1.noarch.rpm

Then I was able to do a normal "dnf update --refresh".

Note that your package directory location may be slightly different.  I don't know if the "rawhide-2d95c80a1fa0a67d" part is consistent or just where mine happened to be.  But if you search for one of the "keys" packages inside the dnf cache area you should be able to find it.

	Steve