libravatar is in fedorainfracloud!

Hello!

maybe you know that around April 2018, there was an announcement that
libravatar service (a service for serving user avatars) is shutting
down: https://blog.libravatar.org/posts/Libravatar.org_is_shutting_down_on_2018-09-01/

This raised a big wave of interest in the service and in keeping it
alive because libravatar was here for quite a long time and used by
many parties including Pagure, Mozilla Firefox, or Linux kernel. A
group of people formed with the goal to port libravatar to a new
platform and new servers and
https://blog.libravatar.org/posts/Libravatar.org_is_not_going_away/
was published. Then the work on saving libravatar had begun...

And now, it is finally done! Yesterday at 17pm UTC, Francois Marier
flipped the DNS switch to point www.libravatar.org to the new server
and completely new, modern implementation placed in our Fedora cloud!
\o/ Check it out here: www.libravatar.org

I think it's quite a nice message of how well people in Open Source
and Free Software can cooperate and how they can make something
significant happen. I would like to say thank you to them and in
particular to:

Oliver Falk who rewrote libravatar from scratch
(https://git.linux-kernel.at/oliver/ivatar)

Francois Marier who wrote and maintained the original libravatar and
who was helping us all the time with the migration

Tristan Le Guern who was testing the new implementation and provided
great insights

Niklas Poslovski who themed new libravatar

Lars Kruse who lead our IRC meetings and setup our @libravatar.org
email addresses

Me who setup the new servers in Fedora Infra Cloud and did some
testing of the new implementation too

I would also like to thank the Fedora community and the Infra team for
providing us with the space in the cloud for the new service.

So yeah, if your avatars are not served properly, you know whom to
blame :). You can get in touch with us on #libravatar Freenode
channel. Through https://git.linux-kernel.at/oliver/ivatar bugtracker

Enjoy
clime