Re: package management symlink

Valor Naram <valinora@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Also what you suggest already exists, for example in the form of
>> "pacapt" (but there are alternatives too!).  What is the benefit of
>> adding yet another version of these scripts?
>
> `Nimue` doesn't tends to be a wrapper like pacapt which itself tends to "emulate" a Arch Linux environment. Nimue is just a symlink or a bash script in cases a package management system uses acronyms like "-S", "-P" or "-R" instead of "install", "purge", "remove" for the respective install, purge or remove package functions of the package manager of your choice.

To be honest, I don't see the exact use case for this. If the end user
cannot be bothered to look up the command line syntax of the new
distro's package manager, then they are probably better of using a GUI
program to install packages or flatpaks.

If you would implement a universal package name translation, then this
could be **really** useful.

Side note: could you please configure your email client, so that it does
not create a new email thread for each reply that you write (it looks
like it does not set the in-reply-to field correctly)? It breaks the