Re: MBI (Playground 2.0)

Dne 31. 01. 19 v 13:24 Igor Gnatenko napsal(a):
>   *
>
>     COPR has been starved of resources for years, which has impaired its ability to provide reliable service at scale.
>     Fedora Infrastructure refuses to consider supporting it officially and Fedora Release Engineering seems to have some
>     undefined issues with COPR.

That is because Copr has been always more popular than we had had resources. We are adding more resources over time, but
we are a bit behind Copr's popularity.
If you want to put your service into Fedora Cloud than you are talking about the same (shared) resource as Copr has.

>     It is not official build system of Fedora which is not helping with Problem №2: Testing of new rpm/koji/mock
>     features/configuration
>     <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DtNTCa-gXc0ILDDHPyAcAca2GGGlENavfgPwGGgqJ_Y/edit#heading=h.iodoq4xw80c2>.

1) First we are working on making it officially supported.
2) When I released new version of Mock, then Copr is usually the first build system to use. And we always use the latest
version. Compare that to Koji, which until recently used very old version of Mock. This changed few weeks ago.
But I generally try to dogfood Mock in Copr first so I hit potential issues before it can hit Koji, which is more important.
3) I do not think that allowing completely custom Mock configs in any build system is wise solution.

>         No query API (e.g. it is not possible to find out from which SCM commit the package has been built)

Every time, we got a reasonable request backed by good user-story we implemented it in reasonable time frame.
Feel free to submit an issue to our Pagure.

>         GC doesn’t exist

There is a garbage collection. Albeit it remove just the build artifacts, not the DB entries, which I seen as advantage
in past. Most people does not share the same opinion, so we are working right now on option to remove the DB entries as
well so it does not poulute WebUI.
At the same time we are finishing with GC of outdated chroots, which should allow us to reclaim huge amount of storage.
Expect an announce about it pretty soon.

>         No scratch builds

Yes. Because everything in Copr is basicaly a scratch build. You can delete the build. Or you can crate new project
which will use the first project. And after a build you can delete the new project. It is easy and very cheap.

Miroslav