Re: Boost 1.69 update with soname bumps in rawhide/F30

On 30. 01. 19 13:31, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 25/01/19 15:57 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
With enormous thanks to Denis Arnaud for doing the actual boost.spec
rebase, we're ready to update Boost in rawhide, for this change:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F30Boost169

As always, this changes the soname of every libboost_*.so library, so
we'll be rebuilding all the packages that link to Boost libs. These
rebuilds will happen on the f30-boost side tag, and once they're all
done everything will move to the main f30 target all at once.

I'm nearly done with the Boost rebuilds.

Several packages have been patched so they link to the new names for
the Boost.Python libs. -lboost_python becomes -lboost_python27 and
-lboost_python3 becomes -lboost_python37. I'm still fixing some
occurrences of that.

Several packages build OK on all targets except armv7hl, where they
get unit test failures. Those should get fixed by the new gcc landing
in the buildroot soon (and I probably won't rebuild them, but will let
the mass rebuild handle them).
The following packages fail to build because boost::tribool is no
longer impicitly convertible to bool (and so the conversion must be
done explicitly with a cast). I'll try to fix these if I have time:

Maintainers by package:
openscad             churchyard

This has been fixed upstream. If you are going to work on it, see:

https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/2529

I will eventually get to it, so you don't have to do that.

--
Miro Hrončok