system-config-kickstart -- stay or go?

The system-config-kickstart package in Fedora is on a very low
maintenance status at the moment.  It is not really promoted much as a
tool that people should use, however I know some people still use it (or
at least did).

But now we are at a cross roads.  system-config-kickstart needs to move
to Python 3.x which is going to be required by pykickstart soon.
Currently system-config-kickstart is all in Python 2.x.  Given the
near-deprecation state of the software, I propose one of the following

1) Mark system-config-kickstart as obsolete in rawhide and remove it.
It can then slowly fade away in the remaining supported releases
branches it exists in.

2) Someone in the community who wants to keep it around volunteers to
take over both ownership of the package and upstream maintainership.
This individual would port system-config-kickstart to at least Python
3.x and continue maintaining it as long as people want it around.

Thoughts?

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat, Inc. | Boston, MA | EST5EDT