Re: Boost 1.69 update with soname bumps in rawhide/F30

On 29. 01. 19 15:44, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On 29/01/19 14:59 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 25. 01. 19 16:57, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
With enormous thanks to Denis Arnaud for doing the actual boost.spec
rebase, we're ready to update Boost in rawhide, for this change:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F30Boost169

As always, this changes the soname of every libboost_*.so library, so
we'll be rebuilding all the packages that link to Boost libs. These
rebuilds will happen on the f30-boost side tag, and once they're all
done everything will move to the main f30 target all at once.

IF YOU MAINTAIN A PACKAGE THAT DEPENDS ON BOOST and need to rebuild it
in the next few days, please get in touch so we can coordinate.

I assume you are aware of the planned mass rebuild, right?

Yes, but rather than have a load of new failures due to the Boost
change, I'm trying to fix packages to work with the new Boost now.

That way failures due to Boost can be dealt with early, rather than
getting mixed in with hundreds of unrelated failures in the mass
rebuild.

And that is actually awesome! I was asking because of "need to rebuild it in the next few days" thing. Thanks for clarifying.

--
Miro Hrončok