Re: F30 System-Wide Change Proposal: Fully remove deprecated and unsafe functions from libcrypt

On 02. 01. 19 22:14, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/FullyRemoveDeprecatedAndUnsafeFunctionsFromLibcrypt

== Summary ==
This change is about removing binary support for deprecated and unsafe
functions and bumping libcrypt.so to libcrypt.so.2.

== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:besser82 | Björn Esser]] <besser82@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

== Detailed Description ==
In Fedora 28 we replaced glibc's libcrypt with the fully binary
compatible libcrypt library from the external libxcrypt project.
There are certain interfaces (encrypt, encrypt_r, setkey, setkey_r)
that are mandatory by POSIX or various other standards.

Any chance you would have this ready in some copr?
I'd like to test if Python builds and passes the tests, the replacement in F28 wasn't without problems IIRC.

--
Miro Hrončok