Signing Kernel Module with the Private Key

crossposting devel@ and kernel@ since it's both kernel and documentation related

I'm not finding an updated version of this documentation:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/26/html/System_Administrators_Guide/sect-signing-kernel-module-with-the-private-key.html

And when I follow that, copy/pasting the perl script is stomping on my
kernel modules, making them zero length files. I also can't tell from
the documentation if this perl script should work on xz compressed
kernel modules, which they are by default on Fedora. I've tried it
both ways and still get zero length files, so I'm guessing the
documentation has gone stale or maybe the signing script has - not
sure how to troubleshoot it.

--
Chris Murphy