Re: clang and Fedora's default C/CXX flags

* Michael Cronenworth:

> On 1/3/19 3:16 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> "Compliant with Fedora policy" == gcc right now.
>>
>> Fromhttps://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Compiler
>> "Fedora uses gcc as the compiler (for all languages that gcc
>> supports). Packages may only build with an alternative compiler to gcc
>> if upstream does not support gcc."
>
> I am referring to the guidelines for compiler flags and not the
> compiler.  The compiler flag guidelines do not state a compiler by
> name.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Compiler_flags

Current link:

<https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_compiler_flags>

> "Compilers used to build packages must honor the applicable compiler
> flags set in the system rpm configuration."

Up-to-date documentation is here:

<https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/redhat-rpm-config/blob/master/f/buildflags.md>

I don't know how to incorporate that into the packaging guidelines.  I
filed a ticket requesting at least a link to it, but even that hasn't
happened. 8-(

Thanks,
Florian