Re: F30 System-Wide Change proposal: Flicker Free Boot

Hi,

On 03-01-19 20:50, John Harris wrote:
On Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:46:47 PM EST Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/FlickerFreeBoot

<snip>

This doesn't seem to be inclusive of any other desktop environment than GNOME.

There is no reason why the new plymouth theme and flicker-free boot
in general cannot work with other desktop environments.

Yes for the design I'm working together with the GNOME designers,
because: a) That is our primary / default desktop b) It is the only
design team working on this.

I'm happy to work with any workgroup/SIG which maintains any desktop
spin and help them with integrate closer with this, but the initiative has
to come from them I cannot integrate and test this with all the different
desktop environments out there, I simply do not have the time for that.

I'm very serious in my help offer for this. E.g. I got contacted by
Endless about integrating with my work on this and I've written a long
reply to them about this here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/plymouth/2019-January/000875.html

Alternatively other DE spins can easily opt-out of this by running:
"plymouth-set-default-theme charge" from within the rootfs during
there image generation.

Regards,

Hans