Re: Fedora 30 Self-Contained Change proposal: DeepinDE

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 03:16:18PM -0500, Ben Cotton wrote:
> == Benefit to Fedora ==
>
> Deepin Desktop Environment will make Fedora a more interesting for
> users who prefer another choice of a shining desktop environment.

It's nice to see this big effort finally coming to fruition.

> == How To Test ==
> You can install the Deepin Desktop Environment in Fedora like below.
>
> If you don't have other desktop installed before, ` sudo dnf install
> xorg-x11-server-Xorg`. Otherwise, just do the following
>  sudo dnf update
>  sudo dnf install deepin-desktop
>  sudo dnf install deepin-calendar deepin-calculator deepin-editor
> deepin-image-viewer deepin-picker deepin-screenshot
> deepin-system-monitor

Those instructions seem redundant. I'd expect 'dnf install deepin-desktop'
to be the only thing needed. 'dnf update' is certainly not needed, dnf updates
the metadata automatically.

It might be some local issue, but 'dnf install deepin-desktop' on F29
fails for me with
"nothing provides libdframeworkdbus.so.1()(64bit) needed by deepin-desktop-4.4.7-9.fc29.x86_64".

> And try your normal tasks on any desktop environment.

Is deepin available in the gdm greeter? I think this would the easiest
way to try it out for most users.

> == User Experience ==
> Deepin Desktop Environment focuses on being elegant and easy to use.

Maybe include a screenshot here or two to entice users?

Zbyszek