Re: Fedora 30 Self-Contained Change Proposal: Enabling Python Generators by default

Looks like the dependency generator was turned on in rawhide. Igor has been making pull releases against packages because this is now creating duplicate requires for some packages. That would seem reasonable, but he never pushed the dependency generator to EPEL so packages which maintain a common spec file across branches require additional logic and it's creating more work instead of less work. The python-rpm-generators package doesn't even exist in EPEL. I started looking at what it would take to make it available, but the script that's used has no documentation and no tests.

I recommend we revert this to opt-in until a couple loose ends are tied up:
 - Tests and a readme file are created for python-rpm-generators
 - The functionality is made available in EPEL6 and EPEL7 (opt-in ok) (Requires python-rpm-generators RPM)

Avram

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 10:15 AM Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 4:08 AM Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is system-wide change, at least that's what wiki says ;)

That is correct. I should not send email after being in meetings all day. :-D

--
Ben Cotton
Fedora Program Manager