Re: debugfs ACL

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 13:51:19 +0500
Mikhail Gavrilov <mikhail.v.gavrilov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi folks.
> Why I cannot read content of some debugfs files which are should be
> readable.
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/amd-gfx/2018-December/029918.html
>
> [mikhail@localhost ~]$ sudo bash
> [sudo] password for mikhail:
> [root@localhost mikhail]# cd /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0
> [root@localhost 0]# xxd -e amdgpu_gca_config
> xxd: amdgpu_gca_config: Operation not permitted
> [root@localhost 0]# getenforce
> Enforcing
> [root@localhost 0]# setenforce 0
> [root@localhost 0]# xxd -e amdgpu_gca_config
> xxd: amdgpu_gca_config: Operation not permitted
> [root@localhost 0]#

No answer, just some further things to look at or try.  I can use xxd -e
on files in that directory without problem, though I don't have the
file you are looking for since I use radeon.

On my system everything in there is 444 permissions, except directories.
What does your system show for ls -nZ?

Can less open the file after warning you about binary data?  Can you
cat them into pipe to xxd?
cat amd_gca_config | xxd -e -

What if you direct the output to someplace like your home directory?
xxd -e amd_gca_config ~/amd_gca_config.hexdump
Maybe write isn't permitted in those directories.