Any plans to support .heic files in Fedora?

Seems like Apple converted their phones over to using a new file format
to store pictures. I was copying some pictures from a phone and noticed
my linux box couldn't read them and they had an interesting extension .heic.

Looks like there is a new image format in town and we need the libheif and
libde265 libraries in order to read it according to the gimp plugin [1]. The
plugin docs say it should be included by default now in gimp but the gimp on
my f29 system says it can't read the file. This is probably because we don't
have the underlying libraries in Fedora.

Anybody been down this road? Is it as simple as getting the libraries in or
is there much more pain involved that I haven't discovered yet?

Thanks,
Dusty

[1] https://github.com/strukturag/heif-gimp-plugin